Greetings Panther Family,
The last five weeks of school have certainly been unprecedented and a time where our most important focus continues to rest on the health and safety of our students and the entire community. The Panther faculty is saddened that the remainder of this school year will not allow us to engage with your students in their classrooms, and our administration and staff misses seeing you in our building. We appreciate the hours and value that our parents have given in helping students adjust to their Learn from Home environment. Our teachers are working hard to make digital learning a positive and worthwhile experience, but we know their success is due in large part to your support.
Our hope is that all students will take advantage of the opportunity to finish the school year on May 8, 2020. Please encourage your student to stay focused on their Learn from Home assignments and assessments for the next three weeks, with the motivation that an early summer break is the reward. This will also give some much needed relief to our parents, who have been our instructional partners during this time. Below are a few highlights that can be found on the LMS website along with many other details.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed course requirements for all core courses and Career Connections and who have met or exceeded course standards as measured by their teachers will conclude the school year May 8, 2020. Students will APPROVE their Q4 Final Grade through a final Google Classroom assignment.
- Students who have NOT satisfactorily completed course requirements or who have not met course standards as measured by their teachers by May 8 will continue learning from home May 11-22, 2020. Students can end their school year as soon as they have successfully completed their Q4 assignments and APPROVE their Q4 Final Grade through a final Google Classroom assignment.
- After May 22, if remediation has not been sufficient to master standards necessary for promotion, middle school students who are on track to be retained for the year based on the promotion/retention policy will be given the option to attend summer school.
- 9 weeks tests and semester exams have been cancelled.
- High School course semester averages will be determined by the average of Q3 & Q4.
- Middle School course averages will be determined by the average of Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4.
- A Drop Off & Pick Up Day will be announced once the State of Georgia Shelter-in-Place order has been lifted.
- Band Instruments Returns / Portman’s Returns
- Device Returns (laptops)
- Spring Pictures
- Sports Uniforms
- Locker/Personal Belongings
- Media Center Items (library books)
- Student Medication
- Honors Day Certificates
Continue to reach out to the LMS administrators, counselors, faculty and staff for help as we finish our last five weeks of school strong. Please know how grateful we are to each of our Panther families for the support you have shown through this challenging situation. We look forward to a time soon where we will all be together again!
Jeremy R. Medlin
Lakeside Middle School, Title 1