2022-2023 School Year Information and Updates
We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Our students continue to do great things as they embody the Panther Way of being Respectful, Responsible, and Ready. The information below is for the next two weeks and beyond. Have a wonderful day!
Digital Learning Day Information: March 10
We are one month away from the second semester Digital Learning Day. The primary goal of Digital Learning Day is to provide all students with learning opportunities while sharpening their skills in technology.
The Digital Learning Day replaces a normal half-day of instruction. As a result, total instructional time will not exceed four hours.
Students who need to check out a device should reach out to the LMS Media Specialist, Erin James, as soon as possible. One device per student is recommended. Erin James can be reached at [email protected] or by calling LMS at 706.855.6900.
- Students will receive quality instruction in the format of recorded lessons from his/her teacher in all content areas.
- Students will use the Classlink Student Portal to login to their Google Classroom course pages where they will access assignments, resources, and other materials.
- If your student does not have access to a computer or device (tablet, smartphone, etc.), please contact Erin James ([email protected]) to arrange for a one-day check-out. One device per student in the home is recommended.
- Student work should be turned in through Google Classroom by the end of the school day to be counted present for the day. Students absent on March 10, 2023 who have extenuating circumstances must submit all assignments no later than March 15, 2023 to be counted present. A parent note or medical documentation will be required for approval of extenuating circumstances.
- Teachers will share additional information with students in advance of Digital Learning Day. This will include how teachers will support student learning during the day. For example, some teachers may set up a discussion board while others may use online conference tools or be available via phone.
- Tech support will be available during the hours of 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on the Digital Learning Day at the following phone number 706.855.6900.
For more information about Digital Learning Day, including expectations, attendance and assignment due dates, click here: www.ccboe.net/DLD/.
If you have any questions about Digital Learning Day assignments, please contact your child’s teacher.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Scoliosis Screenings (6th grade Girls, 8th grade Boys & Girls): February 22
- LMS Baseball vs GMS (A: AWAY, B: HOME): February 22 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Soccer vs GMS (AWAY): February 22 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Track vs SIMS (HOME @ LHS Track): February 22 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Baseball vs RMS (A: HOME, B: AWAY): February 23 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Soccer vs RMS (HOME): February 24 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Baseball vs SIMS (A: AWAY, B: HOME): February 28 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Soccer vs SIMS (AWAY): February 28 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Track vs EMS, GTMS, SIMS (@ EHS Stadium): March 2 [3:30 pm – 7:00 pm]
- LMS Soccer vs GMS (HOME): March 2 [4:00 pm]
- LMS Baseball vs GMS (A: HOME, B: AWAY): March 3 [4:00 pm]
- Digital Learning Day/Parent Conferences: March 10 (https://tinyurl.com/yv6mfsw4)