2021-2022 School Year Information and Updates
This is your Lakeside Middle School Weekly Update #7 for the week of September 20 – September 24. The information provided below summarizes the next two weeks and beyond. We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to another great week of school.
Common District Assessment (CDA) Administration Dates:
The Columbia County School District is implementing Common District Assessments across all middle schools this school year. Teams of middle school teachers across the district have developed these assessments and they will take the place of Nine Weeks Assessments given in previous years. These assessments will be administered online through the Illuminate program, count for 10% of the student’s nine weeks grade, and may not be reassessed. Please help us prepare your students for these upcoming assessments. Reach out to your child’s specific teacher if you have any questions or need assistance.
- First Nine Weeks CDA Administration Dates:
- Social Studies – October 4
- Language Arts – October 5
- Science – October 6
- Math – October 7
Columbia County School District Community Feedback Survey:
Columbia County Schools is developing a strategic plan and invites you to participate! The district wants to hear your thoughts on what you want your public school to provide for students, what the schools are doing well and what challenges the schools and students face. A planning team representing the school district and the community will use this input to assist them in developing the plan. All survey responses are anonymous. Thank you for lending your voice to improving Columbia County School! The survey is being administered by the Georgia School Boards Association. The survey will be live through September 28th.
- Survey Link: surveymonkey.com/r/columbiacoboe
Positive Panther Moment: Cell Phone Reminders
The use of technology to enhance learning is not a necessity but a privilege. Accordingly, students do not have the right to use personally owned laptops, cell phones, or other electronic communication devices while at school unless given permission. At LMS we require students to keep their technology silent while on school campus and keep these items secured in their bookbag or purse. Through this measure we are working together to ensure your student is not periodically and consistently disconnected from the learning environment.
School Bus Delays Expected:
Parents, please expect school bus delays up to an hour each day as the Columbia County School District Transportation Department continue to adjust to temporary staffing issues as a result of COVID-related absences. During this time, parents can stay updated on delays and changes using the Edulog Lite School Bus Tracker App. The app allows parents to track their school bus in real-time, as well as receive push notifications anytime your selected school bus or route is affected. After downloading and installing from the App Store or Google Play, call the LMS front office for the specific registration code to begin using the app.
LMS Online Athletic Ticket Purchases:
The Columbia County School District is partnering with GoFan to allow for the purchasing of tickets to middle school athletic events online. LMS will still have in-person cash ticket sales available for home games as we have done in previous years; however, some schools have moved entirely to online tickets sales. We will make sure you are informed of any away events requiring online ticket sales. Here are the instructions for purchasing tickets online through GoFan.
- Go to www.gofan.co
- Click “Sign-In”
- Click “Sign Up”
- Create your account by following the directions (email and password)
- In the box below “Get Tickets Now”
- Type “Lakeside Middle School”
- Select “Lakeside Middle School Evans, GA”
- Click on the desired event you would like to attend and enter the number of tickets you will need.
- Click “Buy Tickets” to be prompted to enter credit card information and complete your transaction.
- Please Note: There is a $1 per ticket transaction fee. (Example: 5 tickets = $5 transaction fee)
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Tennis Tryouts: September 20-21 @ 2:45 pm – 4:30 pm
- Complete physical packets must be turned in prior to tryouts
- Students need to have athletic attire, athletic shoes, racquet, and water bottle
- Contact Coach Hunter for questions: email@example.com
- LMS Football vs RMS (AWAY): September 21 @ 4:45 pm
- LMS Softball vs CMS (HOME): September 22 @ 4:00 pm
- LMS Softball vs GTMS (AWAY): September 24 @ 4:00 pm
- LMS Softball Tournament Game #1 (TBA): September 27 @ 4:00 pm
- LMS Football vs SIMS (HOME): September 29 @ 4:45 pm
- LMS Softball Tournament Game #2 (TBA): September 29 @ 4:00 pm
- Softball Championship Game (TBA): October 1 @ 4:00 pm
- Early Dismissal/Parent Conferences: October 8 @ 11:00 am
- Student/Teacher Fall Break: October 11
- Student Fall Break/District Professional Learning Day: October 12
- Report Cards (Q1): October 14
Jeremy R. Medlin
Lakeside Middle School, Title 1